SESAH invites nominations for the 2020 Publication Awards. The SESAH
Awards honor outstanding scholarship about the architecture of the South, or by authors who reside in the South (defined as SESAH member states) at the time of publication.
Four categories of publication are recognized:
- Best Book on Architecture in the SESAH region, or by an author residing in the SESAH region
- Best Essay in Edited Volume on Architecture in the SESAH region or by an author residing in the SESAH region
- Best Journal Article on Architecture in the SESAH region or by an author residing in the SESAH region. (Articles in ARRIS are automatically considered eligible, or nominated for consideration by the committee, if the subject and author criteria are met.)
- Best Guidebook for Architecture in the SESAH region
Criteria for consideration include the publication’s contribution to scholarship, as measured by the potential impact on the field through the author(s) methodological approach and analysis; breadth of research and resources; and quality of production, particularly in the illustrations and photographs selected. All entries should be well-written, and each should be an original and thorough piece of scholarship.
The copyright for entries should be no earlier than 2018. Please email full bibliographic information of your nomination to the Chair of the Publication Awards Committee. Self- nominations are welcome.
- If you have access to a pdf version of the article or essay, please send it to the Chair of the committee.
- If you are the author of a book, please send information for the publisher to the chair of the committee, who will then arrange delivery of copies to committee members.
The deadline for submissions or nominations is June 1, 2020. Awards will be announced at the SESAH Annual Meeting in Natchez, Mississippi, October 1-3, 2020.
Publication Awards Committee Chair:
College of Architecture and Design
University of Tennessee
1715 Volunteer Boulevard
Knoxville, TN 37996-2400