SESAH PUBLICATION AWARDS
The annual Southeast Chapter of the Society of Architectural Historians (SESAH) Publication Awards honor outstanding scholarly publications about the built environment of the South, or by authors who reside in the South at the time of publication (defined as SESAH member states: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, and Virginia).
Four categories of publication are recognized:
- best book
- best journal article (articles in Arris are automatically considered eligible, if the subject and author criteria are met.)
- best essay published in an edited volume
- best guidebook that increases knowledge and awareness of architecture in the southeast region.
Criteria for evaluating submissions include the publication’s contribution to scholarship, as measured by the potential impact on the field through the author(s) methodological approach and analysis; breadth of research and resources; and the quality of production, particularly in the illustrations and photographs selected. All entries should be well-written, and each should be an original and thorough piece of scholarship.
Call for Nominations
SESAH invites nominations, including self-nominations, for the 2020 Publication Awards. The copyright for publications in all four categories should be no earlier than 2018.
The deadline for nominations: June 1, 2020
The winners will be announced at the SESAH Annual Conference held in the fall.
Nominations should include:
1. an email message with full bibliographic information of the publication
2. for an article or essay, attach a PDF version
2. for a book or guidebook: in the email, include publisher contact information. The chair of the committee will arrange delivery of hard copies to committee members.
Electronic material should be sent by email to the chair of the Publication Awards Committee:
Avigail Sachs, email@example.com
College of Architecture and Design
University of Tennessee
1715 Volunteer Boulevard
Knoxville, TN 37996-2400